International Automobile Centre of Excellence (iACE)
The International Automobile Centre of Excellence (iACE), was incorporated as a ‘Section 08 Company’ under the Companies Act 2013, by Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) in collaboration with the Government of Gujarat with 50% equity stake each and Pandit Deendayal Energy University as Knowledge Partner.
iACE is being established near Pandit Deendayal Energy University (PDEU) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat spread over an area of 9,600 square meter. The centre will be a world class institute catering to ‘end to end’ training and development needs of the automobile ecosystem in India. The center will host the latest ‘state-of-the-art’ infrastructure and technical labs to provide hands on learning experience to trainees. The institute will draw upon the expertise of industry-academia collaborations with leading Indian and Foreign Partners for Knowledge and Technological relevance of Industrial Learning.
iACE will be the apex center for skill development for the automotive sector in India, utilizing modern technology and systems. The center will cater to the entire value chain of the automotive industry encompassing areas such as -
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Automotive Systems.
iACE program offerings will be characterized by
- Industry designed curricula & ‘state-of-the-art’ learning resources of the automotive ecosystem to the participants
- Integrated internship opportunities and emphasis on employability skills and best practices of the industry
- Globally recognized certification to facilitate international mobility and multiple learning pathways
Target segments for the iACE have been identified as – Industrial training institute (ITI) faculty, Engineering graduates, and Diploma holders and entry-level professionals. iACE is envisioned to bridge the skill gap which is unmet by the current training ecosystem.
The Model for iACE has been developed in line with the industry requirements and projected skill gap in the automotive sector. Best practices and Learning of leading national and international institutions have been incorporated. The model is continuously refined by interactions with the industry and key stakeholders of iACE. Based on the demand supply characteristics of the automotive education in India, the automotive industry being setup in Gujarat and existing level of training facility & faculty the following program offerings have been proposed for iACE:
- Employability linked training programs for Engineering graduates
- Employability linked training programs for Diploma graduates
- Supplementary training programs for engineering students
- Management Development programs for the management of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Up-skilling training for entry level professionals
Train the Trainer
- Training Programs for ITI faculty
- Faculty Development Programs for Faculty in Engineering colleges
Research and Consulting
- Research on content development and online deployment of the trainings