Library and Information Centre
The Library & Information Centre (LIC) at SOT aims at accumulation & dissemination of knowledge, information, insights and intellectual contribution in all areas of Engineering with an emphasis on Petroleum Engineering and Renewable Energy. LIC is on its way to becoming an outstanding learning resource centre for the students, faculty, and researchers of SPT, SSE, SLS, SOT and SPM communities.
The LIC is made user-friendly by using Information Technology services such as OPAC for checking online availability and online book reservation. It is ensured that the resources are easily accessible to the users, remote access to e-resources and online databases are also made available.
- To acquire, organize and preserve a collection of information resources as required for supporting teaching and research of students, faculty and alumni and other members of the PDPU community
- To maintain and organize the physical environment to be conducive to the preservation and use of the Library’s resources by staff and users
- To facilitate access to and use of the Library’s own resources and external sources of information
- To ensure resources are made available in the most convenient and user-friendly formats possible with access to support services where appropriate
- To offer instruction/expert guidance needed to users for effective use of the Library
- To respond to the needs of disabled users and other Library user groups with special requirements
- To develop and participate in information networks and professional contacts in order to enhance better platform for scholarship and research, support co-operative efforts amongst global institutions, and foster and maintain contacts with international scholars, researchers, librarians and information specialists
- To provide business information services to external and internal users.
JOIN SOT LIBRARY
|Periodicals Print + Online||66+ 424|
International Periodicals (Print)
|Online Databases (e-journals 424)||09|
Membership of the Library
- You'll need to show your identification if any staff ask you to do so.
- You can't transfer your library membership to anyone else
Rules on borrowing books
You need a valid library card to borrow books and other materials from the Library:
- University student can borrow up to 3 books at a time for 14 days 1 CDs for 1 day.
- SPT faculty can borrow 25 books at a time for 90 days, while staff and Research fellow can borrow 5 books at a time for 30 days
- SPT Alumni can borrow up to 2 books at a time for 14 days.
- GSPC and other corporate members can borrow 5 books at time for 30 days per card.
- You can't take journals, company reports and other reference material out of the Library.
- If you don't return items by the due date, you'll be fined; current fines are Rs. 2.00 per item for one day for loan item. in the case of losing the library materials, the borrower must pay for it.
- If you lose a book, you'll have to pay for it.
Using electronic resources, computers and photocopies
- You can only use the computers if you are a member of the library.
- Visitors those who are a SPT library member can only use.
- Electronic databases can only be used in a way that complies with the database copyright holders' terms and conditions. Unauthorized use such as redistributing or selling data is strictly prohibited
- Material must be photocopied within the rules of copyright. These are displayed next to every photocopier. If you want to make copies for commercial use, you'll need to buy clearance stickers at the desk.
TIming & Contact
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - to 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.30.a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Monday to Friday: 9.30.a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00.a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Close on Sunday and Public Holidays